Thursday, December 2, 2010

Put your Title Here

Have you ever had a problem deciding what to write, in an essay? Or should I say have you ever had a problem what to write in a blog? A blog is an effective way to reflect on a persons true personal self values, self perceptions, and lifestyles. Through writing, a person can get an insight to one's personal feelings on a topic, and can really take into account an individual true morals and beliefs. For me blogging was much more than 20% of my grade at the end of the semester. For me blogging was a way to express my true perceptions on topics that we have undoubtedly had a great time and interest talking about in class. That is why the name of my blog this week is "<put your title here>" Because it is up to you of how you can perceive these blog assignments, and it is you that can title them! For some people doing these assignment was just a another thing they had to write for the week, and excluded themselves from the true experience it proposed. This blog however had several key components that I felt are  essential for a manger to poses which are creativity, and communication. Each week professor kurpis allowed us to reflect on our class discussions, and activities. However, what I think some people missed were how vague, and un-descriptive these assignments were of the specific content we had to include. I mean sure he gave us a basis of what we had to write, but never any specifics..... This blog  unconsciously allowed us to be creative, we could talk about how ever we felt, no restrictions, no strings attached. Most assignments I have done in my schooling have had one right answer, however these blogs have no right answer. These blogs allowed us to creatively communicate our true managerial feelings to not only the professor, but to our fellow class mates. So to those who chose not to do them, hey.... it is not for everybody.... but you sure did miss out on some good writing's not only by me but from a lot of my classmates.
Power of Knowledge

 So just to reflect on what we can take from these blog assignments that we have done, they are true learning experiences. I can name pretty much the title and the purpose of each blog assignment I have posted this semester, and I can also take into account the reasons for posting them. As a result of this I can walk away from this experience not saying thank good I got a good grade, but maybe that I have learned something valuable that could possibly help me in present and later experience of my life.

Do I plan on blogging after this class is done? There is a strong possibility that I will keep sharing my experiences and my knowledge with who ever is willing to listen. But I can't guarntee that i'll keep doing it, but I will defiently try!


To all those who have followed my blog throughout the semester, and to those who have commented, and to those who blogs I have followed. I thank you with much gratitude for making this an easier more effective way of learning! Thanks




And ultimately thanks to you professor Kurpis, for making this "normal" class into something interesting and useful. And don't ever change this assignment!

Good night America

Marco

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Marco for posting an amazing blogs and sharing your thoughts with us. Yes and thanks to professor that created such a wonderful atmosphere in class. It is very rare to have teachers that do this in class. Hopefully, after this semester we all will keep in touch. It will be so interesting to hear from our classmates 10+yrs from now , and who knows when one of us become a very important individual in business world, to be able to interact and share thoughts with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marco, you make a really good point on how this semester's blogging gave us an outlet to foster creativity. I am also still confused why this blogging requirement for the class was met with such opposition at first and was never fully embraced. Perhaps it comes down to perception, life-experiences, and maturity, as you elluded to. I am also somewhat disappointed that the class did not reach "blogging synergy" via this assignment, however I am grateful that some of us have become close friends. You down with MGT...every last homie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I am one of those people who missed the vague characteristic of the blog assignments. I think it's because I sometimes just 'follow' the assignments without thinking too much. I agree with much of what you say. I actually find that the blogs can be a very helpful study guide provided that the authors put their heart into it. We don't know what will happen tomorrow, but we can try our best to make something out of it.

    ReplyDelete